CHAPTER 2. CARE, MAINTENANCE, AND INSPECTION (Con't)
SECTION IV. DIRECT SUPPORT MAINTENANCE (Con't)
2-37. NONDEMOUNTABLE LARGE EARTHMOVER RIM MAINTENANCE (Con't).
a. DEMOUNTING (Con't)
8. Using a lockring tire iron (6), work lockring (5) partly out of gutter by inserting tire iron into prying
notch and rotating tire iron down.
9. Insert a second tire iron (1) between base of rim (4) and lockring (5).
10. Work both tire irons (1 and 6) progressively around rim (4) until lockring (5) is completely removed.
11. Remove bead seat band (3) by working with
curved flat tire iron (8).
12. Insert curved flat tire iron (8} between outer
rim flange (2) and outer tire bead.
13. Work progressively around rim (4) with
curved flat tire iron (8) until outer rim flange
(2) is completely free of outer tire bead.
14. Slide outer rim flange (2} off rim (4).
15. Insert curved flat tire iron (8) between inner
rim flange (10) and inner tire bead (9).