CHAPTER 2. CARE, MAINTENANCE, AND INSPECTION (Con't)
SECTION IV. DIRECT SUPPORT MAINTENANCE (Con't)
2-36. DEMOUNTABLE FLAT BASE RIM WITH TUBELESS TIRE MAINTENANCE
c. MOUNTING Con't)
Always inflate tires mounted on rims with demountable side ring flanges or lockrings in an
inflation safety cage or serious injury or death could result.
Never inflate tires over 40 psi (276 kPa) to seat tire beads. If beads do not seat, deflate,
demount, and check the tire/rim match. Mount and lubricate according to instructions.
Serious injury or death could result if these procedures are not followed.
When inflating tires in a safety cage, always use a pneumatic tire inflator-gage and a 10 ft.
(3.1 mm) air hose. Failure to do so could cause serious injury.
8. Using a pneumatic tire hose (9) with in-line, inflator-gage (10), inflate tire to 40 psi (276 kPa)
maximum to seat both tire beads. Both tire beads should seat before reaching 40 psi (276 kPa) .If tire
beads fail to seat, deflate tire, determine cause of failure, take corrective action, add additional tire and
rim lubricant, and repeat this step.
9. Visually check to see that all rim components are properly seated and allow tire to deflate.
10. Install valve core (see paragraph 2-26).
11. Inflate tire to normal operating pressure (see appropriate vehicle TM). Visually inspect all rim
components to ensure that they are properly seated.
12. Install valve cap onto valve stem finger-tight.
13. Remove rim and tire assembly from inflation safety cage.