CHAPTER 2. CARE, MAINTENANCE, AND INSPECTION (Con't)
SECTION IV. DIRECT SUPPORT MAINTENANCE (Con't)
2-36. DEMOUNTABLE FLAT BASE RIM WITH TUBELESS TIRE MAINTENANCE
a. DEMOUNTING (Con't)
4. Force side ring flange (1) down enough to clear lockring (7).
5. Insert lockring tire iron (5) into prying notch (6) and work lockring (7) partly out of gutter of rim (2).
6. Insert curved flat tire iron (4) between lockring (7) and rim (2).
7. Work both curved flat tire iron (4) and
lockring tire iron (5) progressively around rim
(2), removing lockring (7).
8. With lockring (7) removed, force side ring
flange (1) down and remove preformed
9. Slide ring flange (1) straight up and off rim
10. Turn tire and rim (2) over and loosen inner tire
bead from inner rim flange (8) by inserting a
curved bead breaker tire iron (3) between tire
bead and rim flange.
11. Work progressively around rim (2), rotating
curved bead breaker tire iron (3) down until
inner tire bead is completely free of inner rim
12. Lift rim (2) out of tire.
b. RIM MAINTENANCE
2. All rims.
(a) Inspect rim, lockring and flanges for
damage or abnormal wear.
(b) Inspect rim components for cracks, splits, or tears.
Remove rust, oil, and tire and rim lubricant residue from rim.