CHAPTER 2. CARE, MAINTENANCE, AND INSPECTION (Con't)
SECTION IV. DIRECT SUPPORT MAINTENANCE (Con't)
2-37. NONDEMOUNTABLE LARGE EARTHMOVER RIM MAINTENANCE (Con't).
b. RIM MAINTENANCE
1. All rims.
(a) Inspect rim, lockring and flanges for damage or abnormal wear.
(b) Inspect rim components for cracks, splits, or tears.
(c) Remove rust, oil, and tire and rim lubricant residue from rim.
1. Install tire flap (11) and tube (12) into tire (13).
2. Lubricate both tire beads and tire flap (11)
with tire and rim lubricant.
3. Place inner rim flange (10) on rim (4) and
align drive lug (14) with slot in rim base.
4. With assistant, lean tire against rim (4) in an
Refer to appropriate vehicle maintenance TM for jacking instructions and related
safety precautions. If a crane or hoist is available, it may be used to raise and lower
tire instead of jacking vehicle up and down as described below.
5. Have assistant lower vehicle until center of tire is aligned with rim (4) and push top of inner tire bead