CHAPTER 2. CARE, MAINTENANCE, AND INSPECTION (Con't)
SECTION IV. DIRECT SUPPORT MAINTENANCE (Con't)
2-37. NONDEMOUNTABLE LARGE EARTHMOVER RIM MAINTENANCE (Con't).
c. MOUNTING (Con't)
6. Have assistant raise vehicle so weight of tire does not rest on ground. Push bottom of tire in as far as
7. Have assistant lower vehicle so weight of tire will not rest on ground. Push top of tire in as far as
8. Repeat steps 6 and 7 until tire is completely on rim (4) and up against inner rim flange (10) and up off
9. Place bead seat band (3) into outer rim
flange (2) and align drive lug (14) on
outer rim flange with slot in bead seat
10. Hook two tire irons (15) onto rim
gutter approximately 4 inches (10.2
cm) from either side of valve stem.
11. Keeping together as one unit, slide
bead seat band (3) and outer rim
flange (2) over both tire irons (15) and