Table 1. 0041 Eight-Volt Sensor Supply Diagnostic Codes.
TEST OR INSPECTION
0041-03 8 Volt DC Supply
Voltage Above Normal
· Always inspect harness connectors that are involved in the circuit. Poor
connections can often be the cause of a problem in an electrical circuit.
Verify that all connections in the circuit are clean and secure and that all
connections are in good condition. If a problem with the connection is
found, correct the problem and verify that this malfunction or diagnostic
code is active before performing this procedure.
· Perform open or short-circuit test at each harness connection to identify
the correct harness to replace.
· Tag all wiring harnesses to aid in installation.
· Perform this test only if condition is active.
DIAGNOSTIC CODE SET CONDITION
Engine ECM Detects Above Normal Voltage on 8 Volt Sensor Supply Circuit
· Main Cab Wiring Harness Shorted.
· Engine Interface Wiring Harness Shorted.
· Engine ECM.
Test Step 1. Test for Shorted Main
Cab Wiring Harness.
1. Turn ignition switch and battery
disconnect switch to OFF position
2. Disconnect connector W-C30
throttle sensor connector
3. Disconnect connector W-C16
from connector CL-C3
Continuity Replace main cab wiring
harness (WP 0505).
between connector W-C16
Proceed to Test Step 3.
No Continuity Proceed to Test
and all other terminals
in connector W-C16