Table 1. 0003 Fuel Injector Diagnostic Codes Continued.
TEST OR INSPECTION
0003-06 Cylinder #3 Injector
Current Above Normal
· Always inspect harness connectors that are involved in the circuit. Poor
connections can often be the cause of a problem in an electrical circuit.
Verify that all connections in the circuit are clean and secure and that all
connections are in good condition. If a problem with the connection is
found, correct the problem and verify that this malfunction or diagnostic
code is active before performing this procedure.
· Perform open or short-circuit test at each harness connection to identify
the correct harness to replace.
· Tag all wiring harnesses to aid in installation.
· Perform this test only if condition is active.
DIAGNOSTIC CODE SET CONDITION
Engine ECM Detects Abnormally High Current on #3 Fuel Injector Driver Circuit
T959 During Fuel Injector Operation.
· Engine Injector Wiring Harness Shorted.
· Basic Engine Wiring Harness Shorted.
· Fuel Injector #3.
· Engine ECM.
Electrical shock hazard. Electronic unit injector system uses high voltage
to operate fuel injectors. Failure to follow this warning may result in injury
Test Step 1. Isolate Fault.
1. Turn ignition switch and battery
disconnect switch to OFF position