(2) Part numbers for bulk materials are referenced in this column in the line item entry for the item to be
(3) In the Special Tools List section, the basis of issue (BOI) appears as the last line(s) in the entry for
each special tool, special TMDE, and other special support equipment. When density of equipments
supported exceeds density spread indicated in the BOI, the total authorization is increased
(4) The statement END OF FIGURE appears just below the last item description in Column 5 for a given
figure in both Section II and Section III.
g. QTY (Column (7). The Quantity (quantity per figure column) indicates the quantity of the item used in the
breakout shown on the illustration figure, which is prepared for a functional group, subfunctional group, or an
assembly. A V appearing in this column in lieu of a quantity indicates that the quantity is variable and the
quantity may vary from application to application.
4. EXPLANATION OF COLUMNS (SECTION IV)
a. National Stock Number (NSN) Index.
(1) STOCK NUMBER column. This column lists the NSN by National Item Identification Number (NIIN)
sequence. The NIIN consists of the last nine digits of the NSN i.e.:
NSN i.e. (5305016741467).
When using this column to locate an item, ignore the first 4 digits of the NSN. However, the complete NSN should
be used when ordering items by stock number.
(2) FIG. column. This column lists the number of the figure where the item is identified/located. The
figures are in numerical order in Section II and Section III.
(3) ITEM column. The item number identifies the item associated with the figure listed in the adjacent FIG.
column. This item is also identified by the NSN listed on the same line.
b. Part Number Index. Part numbers in this index are listed by part number in ascending alphanumeric
sequence (i.e.) vertical arrangement of leter and number combination which places the first letter or digit of each
group in order A through Z, followed by the numbers 0 through 9 and each following letter or digit in like order.
(1) CAGEC column. The Commercial and Government Entity Code (CAGEC) is a fivedigit numeric code
used to identify the manufacturer, distributor, or Government agency, etc., that supplies the item.
(2) PART NUMBER column. Indicates the primary number used by the manufacturer (individual, firm,
corporation, or Government activity, which controls the design and characteristics of the item by means of its
engineering drawings, specifications, and inspection requirements to identify an item or range of items.
(3) STOCK NUMBER column. This column lists the NSN for the associated part number and
manufacturer identified in the PART NUMBER and CAGE columns to the left.
(4) FIG. column. This column lists the number of the figure where the item is identified/located in Sections
II and III.
(5) ITEM column. This item number is that number assigned to the item as it appears in the figure
referenced in adjacent figure number column.