Table 2-1. Unit Level Preventive Maintenance Checks and Services (PMCS) (CONT).
Item to Be
Do not allow personnel to perform
maintenance directly under the boom or mast.
Failure to follow proper procedures could
cause serious injury or death.
(4) Refer to TM 9-4940-568-10 and raise
crane and extend boom.
(5) Apply grease to front (lower) wear
(6) Extend and retract boom. If boom
chatters or does not smoothly extend/
retract, refer to TM 9-4940-568-10,
return crane to stowed position and shut
off MAIN POWER switch.
Repeat Steps (3) through (5).
(7) With boom extended, visually inspect
that the boom sections undersides are
evenly greased along the boom wear
pad riding surfaces. If bare spots are
present, refer to TM 9-4940-568-10,
return crane to stowed position and
shut off MAIN POWER switch.
Repeat Steps (3) through (6).
(8) Install cover plate (2) at rear of boom.
(9) If boom continues to chatter or does
not smoothly extend/retract, replace
wear pads, notify supervisor.