BOOM NOSE SHEAVE REPLACEMENT (Continued)
(1) If removed, install bearing cup spacer
(15) and two bearing cups (14) on
(2) Pack two roller bearing assemblies (12)
(3) Install bearing spacer (13) and two roller
bearing assemblies (12) in sheave (10).
Cable can become frayed or contain
broken wires. Wear heavy leather
palmed gloves when handling cable.
Frayed or broken wires can injure
hands. Failure to comply may result
in injury to personnel. Never let
moving cable slide through hands,
even when wearing gloves. A broken
wire could pierce through glove and
(4) Install sheave (10) and sheave pin (2)
into boom (11) with cable (16) routed
over top of sheave (10) and through
(5) Position lock pin (9) in sheave pin (2).
(6) Position key washer (3) and nut (4) on
sheave pin (2).
(7) Apply sealing compound to threads of
(8) Install washer (7), lockwasher (6),
bushing (8), and screw (5) in sheave pin
(9) Tighten nut (4) until snug.
(10) Bend tang of key washer (3) so that the
tang lines up with one of four slots on
(11) Install grease fitting (1) in sheave pin
END OF TASK
Load test crane,
CABLE AND BOOM LIGHT
REMOVED FOR CLARITY