2-42. FORWARD REPAIR SYSTEM (FRS) EMERGENCY PROCEDURES (CONT).
PLS truck engine speed must be at idle before using hydraulic selector switch or
damage to equipment may result.
(20) Start engine on PLS truck and turn hydraulic selector switch (19) to AUTO position.
(21) Turn FRS crane selector switch (20) to ON.
As you retract crane to stowed position, you must observe the FRS sight gage located on
hydraulic reservoir to prevent overfilling the reservoir.
When the hydraulic reservoir has reached the required level, reconnect return lines and
continue to stow FRS crane.
(22) Return FRS crane to the stowed position (Para 2-29).
(23) Disconnect male end of supply slave hose (13) from female end of supply hose (14) on PLS truck.
(24) Disconnect female end of supply slave hose (13) from male end of supply quick disconnect (15) located
on back of FRS.