CHAPTER 2. CARE, MAINTENANCE, AND INSPECTION (Con't)
SECTION III. UNIT MAINTENANCE (Con't)
2-31. TIRE REPAIR PROCEDURES-TEMPORARY STRING REPAIR (Con't)
9. Using injector tool, insert repair material into injury with a steady pressure, following direction of
10. Increase length of needle as required to insert repair material so that loose end of repair material is
1/2 inch (12.7 mm) from surface of tire.
11. With a steady pull. withdraw injector tool needle until tip is 1/2 inch (12.7 mm) above surface of tire.
12. Using shears. cut repair material from injector tool needle and trim any excess repair material to 1/2
inch (12.7 mm) above surface of tire.
13. Repeat steps 6 through 12 with additional repair material as required to seal puncture
14. Tire may be returned to service when puncture is sealed. Since this is only a temporary repair, tire
should be scheduled for a permanent repair.