CHAPTER 2. CARE, MAINTENANCE, AND INSPECTION (Con't)
SECTION III. UNIT MAINTENANCE (Con't)
2-31. TIRE REPAIR PROCEDURES-TEMPORARY STRING REPAIR (Con't)
4. Dip eye of needle 1/2 inch (12.7 mm) into bonding compound.
5. Insert needle of injector tool into injury and through tire following path of injury, then remove from
Length of repair material will differ depending on size and thickness of tire being repaired.
As a guide, 4 inches (10.16 cm) for light duty tires and 8 inches (20.32 cm) for heavy duty
tires will be pulled through the eye of injector tool. Use double strand for large punctures.
6. Pull full length of needle out of injector tool and thread repair material through eye of needle.
7. Push needle of injector tool back to 2 inches (5.1 cm) length.
8. Dip end of injector tool needle 1/2 inch (12.7 mm) into adhesive.
4 INCHES (10.2 cm) FOR DOUBLE STRAND FOR PUSH NEEDLE BACK TO
LIGHT DUTY TIRES HEAVY DUTY TIRES & 2 INCHES (5.1 cm) LENGTH