CHAPTER 2. CARE, MAINTENANCE, AND INSPECTION (Con't)
SECTION III. UNIT MAINTENANCE (Con't)
2-29. RUNFLAT TIRE MAINTENANCE (HMMWV) (Con't).
c. ASSEMBLY (Con't)
6. Position rim half (8) on a raised stand (or another rim
half) to ensure that tire sidewall will not contact floor when
7. Lubricate tire bead (14) and rim bead seat areas with tire
and rim lubricant.
8. Center runflat halves (11) in tire (6). Carefully lower tire
over rim half (8). Check to ensure that preformed packing (7)
has not been disturbed.
9. Ensure that runflat halves (11) are not binding flat portion
of rim half (8). Runflat halves should clear rim half.
10. Install rim half (2) in tire (6).
Tighten locknuts gradually to avoid bending and breaking
studs or damaging wheel components.
11. Secure rim half (2) to rim half (8) with eight new self-
locking nuts (1). Tighten nuts in sequence shown until rim
halves are nearly touching.