CHAPTER 2. CARE, MAINTENANCE, AND INSPECTION (Con't)
SECTION IV. DIRECT SUPPORT MAINTENANCE (Con't)
2-35. NONDEMOUNTABLE FLAT BASE RIM TIRE MAINTENANCE (Con't).
1. Install tube (10) in tire, starting at bottom of tire and working around. As tube is worked into tire, add
enough air to shape tube to help hold tube in place and eliminate the possibility of tube becoming
wrinkled or pinched.
2. Install tire flap (9) starting at bottom and rotating tire so the portion being installed is at the bottom of
3. Apply tire and rim lubricant to both beads and tire flap (9).
4. Slide inner rim flange (7) into proper position on rim (5).
5. With help from assistant, place tire in upright position, leaning against rim (5). Ensure that valve stem
(11) is pointing in correct direction and aligned with valve hole in rim.