CHAPTER 2. CARE, MAINTENANCE, AND INSPECTION (Con't)
SECTION IV. DIRECT SUPPORT MAINTENANCE (Con't)
2-35. NONDEMOUNTABLE FLAT BASE RIM TIRE MAINTENANCE (Con't).
a. DEMOUNTING (Con't)
5. With two, curved flat tire irons (1) have an assistant work outer rim flange (2) inward away from
lockring near prying notch.
6. With assistant working rim flange (2) inward. Insert a lockring tire iron (4) into prying notch and
work lockring (3) partly out of rim gutter.
7. With assistant, work progressively around rim holding flange (2) in and working lockring (3) out to
completely remove lockring.
8. With lockring (3) completely removed, slide outer rim flange (2) completely off rim (5).
9. Work inner tire bead (6) from inner rim flange (7) with a curved flat tire iron (1) inserted between
inner tire bead and inner rim flange.
Refer to appropriate vehicle maintenance TM for jacking instructions and safety precautions. If
a crane or hoist is available, it may be used to raise and lower tire instead of jacking vehicle up