2-14. EXPANDING AND RETRACTING VAN BODIES (M447, M447C, M749, AND M750)
Third, fourth, and fifth side panels are installed the same way as second side
(17) Repeat steps 12 through 16 and install third, fourth and fifth side panels.
(18) Raise sixth side panel into position. Tilt top of side panel inward until it contacts rubber seals on
If pin does not freely engage clearance hole, there is excessive clearance
between two or more side panels. Perform step 16 to remove excess clearance.
if pin freely engages, perform step 20.
(19) Ensure that pin in lower door engages clearance hole in bottom of side panel by lifting upward and
pushing inward on side panel until sealed.
(20) Engage edge locks in previous side panel. Engage body post locks and upper and lower corner
locks in their mating cases on side panel.
To ensure proper sealing between side panels and doors, ail of upper and lower
edge locks must be uniformly tightened.
(21) Tighten locks to previous side panel, body post, and upper and lower comer locks.
(2) Install eight chain-guard post assemblies (7) in eight flanges (5) on left and right lower folding side
Repeat steps 5 through 21 to install side panels on opposite side of van body.
f. Installing Van Body Curtains (M447C)
Remove eight chain-guard post assemblies (7) from brackets (15) by releasing two strap