(5) ITEM column. The item number is that number assigned to the item as it appears in the
figure referenced in adjacent figure number column.
c. FIGURE AND ITEM NUMBER INDEX.
(1) FIG. column. This column lists the number of the figure where the item is identified/located
in Section II and III.
(2) ITEM column. The item number is that number assigned to the item as it appears in the
figure referenced in the adjacent figure number column.
(3) STOCK NUMBER column. This column lists the NSN for the item.
(4) CAGEC column. The Commercial and Government Entity Code (CAGEC) is a 5-digit
numeric code used to identify the manufacturer distributor or Government agency etc., that supplies the item.
(5) PART NUMBER column. Indicates the primary number used by the manufacturer
(individual firm corporation or Government activity) which controls the design and characteristics of the item by
means of its engineering drawings specifications standards and inspection requirements to identify an item or
range of items.
5. SPECIAL INFORMATION.
a. USABLE ON CODE. The usable on code appears in the lower corner of the Description column
heading. Usable on codes are shown as UOC:............ in the Description Column (justified left) on the last line
applicable item description/nomenclature. Uncoded sterns are applicable to all models.
b. ASSOCIATED PUBLICATIONS. The publications listed below pertain to the Cargo Container and its
6. HOW TO LOCATE REPAIR PARTS.
a. When National Stock Number or Part Number is NOT Known.
(1) First. Using the table of contents determine the assembly group or subassembly group to
which the item belongs. This is necessary since figures are prepared for assembly groups and subassembly
groups and listings are divided into the same groups.
(2) Second. Find the figure covering the assembly group or subassembly group to which the
(3) Third. Identify the item on the figure and note the item number.