(2) Remove plywood liner on inside of damaged wall.
(3) Torch cut out the damaged section of the steel wall.
(4) Sand or grind section of steel wall and repair section where welding will take place.
Panel material is 16 gauge steel (approximately 1/16 inch thick). Be careful not to burn through when welding.
(5) Weld repair section over hole in cargo container wall. Grind weld smooth.
(6) Prime and paint using primers and paints (5, 6, 7, and 9 Appendix D). Allow one hour for
each coat to dry.
(7) Reinstall or install new plywood liners.
Repair Floor Plank Tie-Downs. Damage to the tiedowns (3, fig. 3-4) usually occurs to the U-bolt.
Damage to the U-bolt requires replacing the tiedown assembly. Replace the assembly as follows:
(1) Attach a hoist to the four upper corner ISO fittings, and lift the container approximately 4 feet
off the ground.
Block container (1, fig 3-6) into this position to avoid injury to personnel resulting from an accidental hoist
(2) The tiedown (2, fig. 3-6) is attached to the bottom of the floor plank by four screws (3, fig. 3-
6). Remove screws and retain for reuse.
(3) Install replacement tiedown.
(4) Hoist container slightly, and remove blocks supporting container.
(5) Lower container to ground.