(3) Inspect inner wall (7) of cargo container for damaged or broken studs (8). Mark location of
damaged or broken studs, and grind damaged studs from interior wall.
Panel material is 16 gauge steel (approximately 1/16-inch thick). Be careful not to burn through when welding.
Replacement studs should be welded around stud base plate.
(4) Install replacement studs (6) by welding to inner wall.
(5) Install replacement plywood panel using nuts retained in step (1).
e. Panel Joint Replacement (4, fig. 2-4). Replace panel joints as follows:
(1) Loosen eight nuts (5, fig. 3-2) holding plywood liner next to damaged panel joint and remove
(2) Slide in replacement panel joint.
(3) Tighten eight nuts loosened in step (1).
f. Floor Gasket Replacement (1, fig. 3-3). The full length of the floor gasket should be replaced when it has
been damaged for more than 50 percent of its length.
(1) Remove floor gasket as follows:
(a) Remove screws holding floor plank (2, fig. 3-3) in position and lift out floor plank.
(b) Remove floor gasket starting at cod opposite rear door.
(c) The floor gasket is glued in place for about a foot at the rear door end. It will be
necessary to scrape out the section of gasket.
(d) Cut new gasket to length and install in position. Apply adhesive (1, Appendix D) to
bottom of gasket for about one foot at rear door end.
(e) Reinstall floor plank removed in step (a) Insure that floor gasket is flush with floor
(2) Repair sections of floor gasket as follows:
(a) Scrape out damaged gasket section.
Provide adequate ventilation from toxic fumes. Do not wear contact lenses.