TM 55-8115-203-23 & P
(1) Remove damaged section to be replaced.
(a) Mark the section to be replaced. Extend horizontal track sections to be removed, if necessary, so
that each end of the section is in contact with the side corrugated panel.
(b) Tack weld guide bars in place along marks to ensure straight cuts with an oxygen acetylene torch.
Even, accurate cutting eliminates wide gaps between the existing track and the new section. Be
careful to avoid cutting through the side panel.
(c) Carefully cut welds holding damaged section of track to corrugated panel. Less experienced (or
more cautious) welders should cut through damaged track rather than weld attachment, then grind
away excess metal with grinder.
(2) Measure and cut to size replacement track section. Track profile and slot size must be identical to
(3) Fit and weld section in place. Gap between original and replacement sections should be no more than
5/64 in. at any point.
(4) Clean and paint according to paragraph 2-4.
c. Replacement. Replace the full length of slotted track if it is damaged over more than half the area of the track.
(1) Remove track.
(a) Carefully cut track away from container with oxygen acetylene torch. Cut cautiously to avoid
cutting through corrugated panels or corner posts.
(b) Grind away excess metal with grinder.
(2) Fit and weld replacement section in place.
(3) Clean and paint in accordance with paragraph 2-4.
Section II. DOOR AND DOCUMENT HOLDER REPAIR
3-9. Door and Door Hardware.
a. Door Repair.
(1) To repair sheet metal panels of the door when a crack, tear or hole of less than a quarter inch in diameter
has occurred, without significant denting:
(a) Remove paint from damaged area.