Table 3-1. Operator Troubleshooting Table (Cont.)
TEST OR INSPECTION
7. EXCESSIVE ENGINE OIL CONSUMPTION:
Check engine oil level. See companion publication LO 5-4930-244-12.
Fill if level is low. Notify unit maintenance if level is too high.
Check for leaks at the oil pan, oil filter, housing, dipstick, etc.
Report any leaks to unit maintenance.
8. ENGINE OIL PRESSURE IS TOO LOW (BELOW 12 Ibf.) OR HIGH (ABOVE 60 Ibf.) AT NORMAL OPERATING
· DO NOT operate engine when oil pressure is low. Serious damage could occur
to engine components.
Check engine oil level.
Fill if low.
If high, notify unit level maintenance.
9. EXCESSIVE FUEL CONSUMPTION:
Check fuel lines, hoses, and connections for leaks or damage.
Notify unit maintenance of deficiencies.
10. AIR COMPRESSOR MALFUNCTIONS:
Check compressor oil level (par. 4-40a).
Fill If needed.
Check air compressor filter for dirt and debris.
Replace air filter if excessively dirty.
Check for loose or slipping belts.
If belts are loose or badly worn, notify unit maintenance.
Check intercooler and cylinder fins for dirt and debris.
Clean fins and intercooler.