General support is the lowest level that can do complete repair of the item.
Specialized repair activity Is the lowest level that can do complete repair of the item.
Depot is the lowest level that can do complete repair of the item
Nonreparable. No repair is authorized.
No repair Is authorized. (No parts or special tools are authorized for the maintenance of a "B"-coded item.)
However the item may be reconditioned by adjusting, lubricating, etc., at the user level.
(3) Recoverability Code. Recoverability codes are assigned to items to indicate the disposition action
on unserviceable items. The recoverability code is entered in the fifth position of the SMR code as follows:
Nonreparable item. When unserviceable, condemn and dispose of the item at the level of maintenance shown
in the 3d position of the SMR code.
Reparable item. When uneconomically reparable, condemn and dispose of the item at unit maintenance or
aviation unit level.
Reparable item. When uneconomically reparable, condemn and dispose of the item at the direct support or
aviation intermediate level.
Reparable item. When uneconomically reparable, condemn and dispose of the item at the general support
Reparable item. When beyond lower level repair capability, return to depot. Condemnation and disposal of
item not authorized below depot level.
Reparable item. Condemnation and disposal of item not authorized below specialized repair activity (SRA).
Item requires special handling or condemnation procedures because of specific reasons (e.g., precious metal
content, high dollar value, critical material, or hazardous material). Refer to appropriate manuals/directives
for specific instructions.
c. CAGEC (Column (3)*. The Commercial and Government Entity (CAGE) Code (C) is a 5-digit
alphanumeric code which is used to Identify the manufacturer, distributor, or Government agency, etc., that
supplies the item.
d. PART NUMBER (Column (4)). Indicates the primary number used by the manufacturer (individual,
company, firm, corporation, or Government activity), which controls the design and characteristics of the item
by means of its engineering drawings, specifications standards, and inspection requirements to identify an item
or range of items.
NOTE: when you use an NSN to requisition an item, the item you receive may have a different part number
from the part ordered.
e. DESCRIPTION AND USABLE ON CODE (UOC) (Column (53). This column includes the following
(1) The Federal item name and, when required, a minimum description to identify the item.
(2) Physical security classification. Not Applicable.
(3) Items that are Included in kits and sets are listed below the name of the kit or set on Figure KIT
(4) Spare/repair parts that make up an assembled item are listed immediately following the assembled
item line entry.
(5) Part numbers for bulk materials are referenced in this column in the line item entry for the item to be
(6) When the item Is not used with all serial numbers of the same model, the effective serial numbers are
shown on the last line(s) of the description (before UOC). Not Applicable.
(7) The usable on code, when applicable (see paragraph 5, Special Information).
(8) In the Special Tools List section, the basis of issue (BOI) appears as the last line(s) in the entry for
each special tool, special TMDE, and other special support equipment. When density of equipments supported
exceeds density spread indicated in the basis of issue, the total authorization is increased proportionately.