5-19. OIL SEAL (FLYWHEEL SIDE) MAINTENANCE INSTRUCTIONS
10. Lay the seal housing (3) down on a clean bench
and nuts (1). Tighten nuts alternately until secure.
surface with the seal side up.
Torque to 22 - 25 ft-lbs (29 - 34 Nm).
11. install replacement seal (9), with seal lip towards
16. Install thrust washer (7) with markings side out,
bearing, in seal housing (3), using an arbor press
preformed packing (6), and angle ring (5) with
with a pressing sleeve (at least 3.375 in. (85 mm)
cup side out.
O.D. x 2.5 in. (64 mm) I.D.). Press the seal in
flush with face of seal housing.
17. Install one belleville washer (4) with dish facing
out, and the second washer (4) with the dish fac-
12. Coat preformed packing (8) with lubricating oil,
and install on inner shoulder of seal housing (3)
13. Coat the bearing race on crankshaft and lip of
seal (9), generously with lubricating oil.
The seal housing (3) will only fit in one po-
sition, rotate housing as necessary to align
bolt holes with studs.
14. Install seal housing (3) into engine housing, en-
Follow-on tasks include: Service the einge.
gaging the inner race of bearing with rollers. Tap
gently around the seal housing with a plastic ham-
mer to seat the housing.