4-38. FLYWHEEL FAN MAINTENANCE INSTRUCTIONS
This task includes:
Compactor set on level ground in protected area
tools Kit, General Mechanic's
General Safety instructions
Solvents, Dry Cleaning; item 9, Appx E
Observe all WARNINGS and CAUTIONS
1. Remove eight socket head capscrews (1).
2. Remove flywheel fan (2) from flywheel.
P_D_680, Type III, is moderately toxic to
the skin, eyes and respiratory tract;
avoid prolonged exposure. Skin and
eye protection is required. Good ventila-
tion is required. Do not use near open
flame or excessive heat. Flash point is
200° F (93.3° C).
1. Clean all parts in dry cleaning solvent and air dry.
1. Inspect the flywheel fan (2) for cracks, missing
fins or other damage.
2. Secure flywheel fan (2) with eight socket head
2. Inspect threads of capscrews (1) for stripped con-
capscrews (1). tighten capscrews securely.
3. Replace any parts found to be damaged in any
Follow-on tasks include: Install flywheel
1. position flywheel fan (2) as shown on the back
side of flywheel, aligning the eight mounting