4-29. FUEL LINES AND FITTINGS MAINTENANCE INSTRUCTIONS
This tasks covers:
b. Cleaning and Inspection
Fuel line Assembly (1)
Fuel filter (1)
Tool Kit, General Mechanic's
General Safety Instructions
Observe all WARNING and CAUTIONS.
Allow engine to cool before draining fuel.
Solvent, Dry Cleaning; item 9, Appx E
Spilled fuel on a hot engine can ignite,
caused damage to equipment and pos-
sible personal injury. Allow engine to
cool before draining fuel from unit.
1. Loosen clamps (1 and 2) sufficiently to relieve
compression on fuel lines.
2. Clamp the fuel line (3) near clamp (2). Clamp
sufficiently to close the fuel line to prevent spill-
age of fuel.
3. With wash pan in place to receive fuel,
pull fuel lines from inlet and outlet nipples of the
fuel filter (4). Remove the clamping device from
fuel line (3) and drain fuel into receptacle.
4. Remove fuel filter (4) from unit, and dispose of
p r o p e r l y fuel line (3) from tank.
5. Loosen clamp (5) on underside of fuel tank and
pull fuel line (3) from tank.
6. Remove hollow screw (6) and copper washers
(7) from fuel tank connection.
7. Remove hollow screw (8) and copper washers
(9) from fuel pump inlet. Reinstall hollow screw
(8) in fuel injector pump to prevent entry of dirt.