(1) Lock the quide bar (1) by pushing down on
the guide bar and turning the locking lever (2)
(2) Holding onto the dolly (3), release the latch
(4) securing the dolly in the stowed position
under the guide bar. Lower the dolly to the
(3) Lift up on the guide bar, raising the rear of the
compactor base plate (5) off the ground suffi-
ciently to allow the dolly to swing under the
base plate and then lower the compactor
onto the dolly.
(4) The compactor may now be moved with the
guide bar, similar to using a two-wheeled cart.
Pulling the compactor on the dolly will
prove to be easier and require less effort
than attempting to push the unit.
d. To stow the transport dolly, proceed as follows:
(1) Raise the compactor with the guide bar (1)
sufficiently to permit the dolly to be pulled
back from under the compactor. Lower the
compactor to the ground.
(2) Swing the dolly up to the stowed position un-
der the guide bar and secure with latch (4).
(3) Unlock the guide bar by depressing the guide
bar and turning the locking lever (2) clock-
2-5. STARTING THE COMPACTOR
a. Position the compactor on solid-level surface.
Operation should wear ear protection,
and suitable work gloves. A noise level
of 90 dB(A) may be exceeded. Loss of
hearing may occur from prolonged ex-
posure to high noise levels.
b. Place the direction control lever in the desired di-
rection of travel position.
c. Pull the throttle lever rearward as far as the stop.