a. This is a one year (1 yr) procurement.
b. The procurement was awarded under contract DSA 700-77-C-8457, to Reed Tool Company, P. O. Box 998,
Sherman, Texas 75090.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
a. The Earth Auger is capable of being operated or stored in intermediate, hot, dry, warm, cold, or wet climate
b. The Earth Auger has a mission duration of eight per shift with two shift operations on an occasional basis, and
one-half hour operational and preventive maintenance each shift.
a. The introduction of this Auger will not introduce any new requirements for special consideration. The existing
organizations will be utilized for support.
(1) Operator/Crew Maintenance. Operator and crew maintenance is limited to daily preventive maintenance services.
(2) Organization Maintenance. Organizational maintenance consists of scheduled preventive maintenance services,
minor repairs, and adjustments.
(3) Direct Support Maintenance. Direct support maintenance consists of all the repairs required to restore an
unserviceable end item or assembly to a serviceable condition.
(4) General Support Maintenance. General support maintenance will repair those assembled modules which overflow
from or exceed the capabilities of direct support maintenance.
(5) Depot Maintenance. Depot maintenance is not authorized for the Earth Auger 254-9.
b. The Government may enter into an overhaul and/or rebuild contract with the loader manufacturer when
determined to be more economical or feasible.
c. Maintenance expenditure limit is 65% throughout its life expectancy of 12 years, TB 43-0002-28.
This equipment must be installed into proper truck chasis for SAFE operation both on and off roads. Use truck, cargo, 5
ton, 6 x 6 M54A2 w/w (national stock No. 2320-00-055-9265).