Section II. MOVEMENT TO A NEW WORKSITE
(2) Drain the auger engine fuel tank.
2-3. Dismantling for Movement
a. Short Distance Movement.
center, and rear mounting hardware securing the auger
(1) If the earth auger is to be moved only a short
assembly to the truck frame.
distance, it will be moved on it's carrier.
(4) Use a suitable lifting device with at least
15,000 pounds capacity and lift the auger assembly
from the auger shaft.
from the truck frame.
(3) Stow the auger, all equipment and tools on
(5) Refer to TM 38-230-2 and prepare the auger
assembly for shipment to the new worksite.
(4) Move the unit to the new worksite.
b. Long Distance Movement.
2-4. Reinstallation After Movement
a. Remove all packaging and preservation tape
from the auger assembly.
If the auger Is to remain on the carrier, it
b. Reinstall the auger assembly on the carrier
can also be moved a long distance as
frame (para 2-2).
outlined in paragraph a above
the auger shaft.
Figure 2-2. Auger. bits, and point, removal and installation