THIS EQUIPMENT MUST BE INSTALLED INTO PROPER TRUCK CHASIS FOR SAFE OPERATION
BOTH ON AND OFF ROAD,
USE; TRUCK, CARGO, 5 TON, 6 X 6 SMA2 W/W ( NATIONAL STOCK NO. 2320-00-055-9265)
Section I. SERVICE UPON RECEIPT OF MATERIAL
(2) Fill the radiator with coolant.
2-1. Inspecting and Servicing the Earth Auger
(3) Fill the fuel tank with gasoline.
(4) Lubricate according to Lube diagram .
Make certain the earth auger is completely
*2-2. Installation of Auger onto Carrier
depreserved before operating.
Do not use a lifting device with less
(1) Visually inspect the earth auger for loss of
than 15,000 pound capacity.
parts or damage which may have occurred during
loading, shipping, or unloading.
a. Attach suitable lifting device to three lifting eyes
(2) Check earth auger identification plate for
positive identification of earth auger.
b. Position auger over carrier.
c. Slowly lower the auger to the carrier and mount
(1) Open the battery box lid. Refer to Ford
Maintenance and Operator's Manual Page 12, 13/22 and
Service the battery.
Figure 2-1. Auger assembly base pan.