2-3. PROCUREMENT STATUS
a. This is a one year procurement.
b. The procurement was awarded under Contract DAAE07-82-C-6647, dated 29 Sep 82, to Reedrill, Inc., P.O. Box
998, Sherman, Texas 75090.
2-4. CONDITIONS OF DEPLOYMENT
a. The Earth Auger is capable of being operated or stored in intermediate, hot, dry, warm, cold, or wet climate
b. The Earth Auger has a mission duration of eight hours per shift with two shift operations on an occasional basis,
and one-half hour operational and preventive maintenance each shift.
2-5. MAINTENANCE CONCEPT
a. The introduction of this Auger will not introduce any new requirements for special consideration. The existing
organizations will be utilized for support.
(1) Operator/Crew Maintenance. Operator and crew maintenance is limited to daily preventive maintenance
(2) Organization Maintenance. Organizational maintenance consists of scheduled preventive maintenance
services, minor repairs, and adjustments.
(3) Direct Support Maintenance. Direct support maintenance consists of all the repairs required to restore an
unserviceable end item or assembly to a serviceable condition.
(4) General Support Maintenance. General support maintenance will repair those assembled modules which
overflow from or exceed the capabilities of direct support maintenance.
(5) Depot Maintenance. Depot maintenance is not authorized for the Earth Auger Model 270-9.
b. The government may enter into an overhaul and/or rebuild contract with the auger manufacturer when
determined to be more economical or feasible.
2-6. SUPPORT EQUIPMENT
This equipment must be installed on a proper truck chassis for SAFE operation both on and off roads. Use Truck, Cargo,