3. Remove and discard the element and gasket. Clean the shell with fuel oil and dry it with a cloth or compressed
4. Place a new element, which has been thoroughly soaked in clean fuel oil, over the stud and push it down on the
seat. Close the drain cock and fill the shell approximately two-thirds full with clean fuel oil.
Figure 7-9 - Typical Fuel Strainer and Filter Mounting
5. Affix a new shell gasket, place the shell and element into position under the cover and start the cover nut on the
6. Tighten the cover nut only enough to prevent fuel leakage,
7. Remove the plug in the strainer or filter cover and fill the shell with fuel. Fuel system primer J 5956 may be used
to prime the fuel system.
8. Start and operate the engine and check the fuel system for leaks.