6-12 DRY TYPE AIR CLEANER INSTRUCTIONS
1. Check to see that all connections are tight and leak-free; and that break away joints, both intake and
2. Make sure the vacuator valve is not damaged or plugged. Is the cup joint sealing? This should take care
of most air cleaner related performance problems.
B. Removal and Installation
ALWAYS COVER THE ENGINE INTAKE PIPE WHILE THE AIR CLEANER IS
1. When restriction readings finally indicate a change, remove the primary element carefully. Use a damp
cloth to wipe out all excess dust in the air cleaner.
2. If you reuse primary elements, clean them with care.
RAPPING, TAPPING, OR POUNDING DUST OUT OF ELEMENT WILL
CAUSE SEVERE DAMAGE TO ELEMENT.
3. Thorough cleaning with air or water is recommended in many cases. But be careful, too much pressure
can break the filter paper and destroy the element. Do not apply air or water closer than 2 inches and do
not use more than 30 pounds of air pressure. Do not damage gasket surface or bend primary element.
Cleaning can only be done a few times, as the element will finally clog and restrict air flow; the element
must then be replaced.
NEVER ATTEMPT TO CLEAN A SECONDARY ELEMENT. CHANGE SECONDARY
ELEMENTS AFTER THREE (3) PRIMARY ELEMENTS CHANGES.
4. Carefully check new or properly cleaned elements for damage before installing. Then make it a habit not
to disturb the element until restriction again reaches the service limit.