7. If piston is worn, it must be removed and replaced with a new part.
AFTER REMOVAL OF SET SCREW AND NUT, CHECK FOR THREAD DAMAGE. IF
THERE IS DAMAGE TO SHAFT OR NUT, REPLACE WITH NEW PARTS.
8. Remove piston from shaft, remove O-ring (Item 15). Replace O-ring at this time.
9. Replace all O-rings and packing with new parts as identified in Parts Manual parts list, and reassemble
cylinder in reverse order of disassembly procedure, torquing the capscrews to 10 ft. lbs.
NOTE: Torque nut (Item 12) to 400-600 ft. lbs. using Loctite 242.
10. Reinstall cylinder on machine. Refer to Parts Manual for routing of hydraulic lines. Observe cylinder
during operation to verify that cylinder does not leak.
C. Installation Leveling Cylinder
1. Inspect the leveling cylinder for any cracks or leaks. Replace a damaged cylinder.
2. Connect two nuts at the cylinder mounting studs.
3. Attach cylinder to the frame.
4. Attach the four capscrews and lockwasher at the leveling cylinder bracket as shown in Figure 6-30.
5. Connect all hydraulic lines, refer to Parts Manual. For routing of lines.
6. The removal is reverse of installation.