B. Reassembly of Right Angle Drive
1. Thoroughly clean all parts and housing. Inspect and replace as required.
2. Place the pinion shaft in padded vise with splined end up. Install pinion bearing against shoulder.
3. Install both bearing cups in housing and place on shaft and bearing. Place same number of shims as
removed and spacer on shaft inside housing. Install bearing yoke, washer, and nut.
4. Turn housing to obtain bearing load. It should turn freely with no end-play. If adjustment is required, add
or remove shims until proper adjustment is obtained. Remove nut, washer, and yoke and install seal into
housing with sealing lip in. Grease the seal and yoke, reassemble on pinion shaft. Tighten nut and install
5. Place ring gear on carrier with teeth facing small end of carrier. Use new grade eight bolts.
6. Install carrier bearings using the same number of shims removed. Install cups in housing.
7. Install pinion assembly into housing using the same number of shims as removed. Tighten all bolts.
8. The adjusting procedures are the same as Paragraph B-7, #7 for the final drive.
9. Install new brass liners. Installation is the reverse of removal.