19. Oil the seal rings, bearings, and clutch plates. Slide the shaft and clutch assembly into the case, being
very careful not to damage the three seal rings at the head end of the assembly.
F. Reassembly Shuttle Assembly
1. Install stator support tube and plate using new O-Ring and seal.
2. Install idler gear with new bearings and thrust washers if required.
3. Install countershaft, countergear with new bearings, and thrust washers if required.
4. Install oil pan with new gaskets and clean strainer.
5. Flush clean the variable speed transmission and install on shuttle assembly, using the same number of
clutch stack adjusting shims as removed and new gasket.
6. To check clutch shaft end-play, push the front of the shaft in and pull it out. There should be .020 to .035
end-play in the clutch shaft. (Add or remove shims to adjust).
7. After converter housing has been inspected and repaired as required, using a new gasket, install the
converter housing assembly to the shuttle.
8. Install new or rebuilt pump with new filter element.
MAKE SURE O-RINGS ON THE SUCTION TUBE ARE SEATED TO PREVENT AIR
9. After complete disassembly and cleaning, install control valve and heat exchanger. Make sure all O-Rings
are seated properly.
10. Support unit with hoist so that it can be positioned directly in line with the converter hub. Center converter
hub gear seal ring in its groove. Apply grease to hold in position. Carefully insert input shaft well centered
in bore. Advance unit toward engine slowly in order to feel when splines begin to mate. If unit stops
advancing at this point, rock gently to permit splines to line up. DO NOT USE BRUTE FORCE AT ANY
TIME. When all splines and gear teeth line up, unit will close up easily.