installed against the aluminum piston. DO NOT, under any circumstances, place a bronze plate in first
against the aluminum piston. The steel plates are slightly conical (not flat) and the slope on these plates
when installed in the unit should be parallel with the "dished" side toward the workman.
8. Remove the clutch plate stack from one of the clutch assemblies and lower over the rear clutch hub.
9. Lower the clutch cylinder assembly over the clutch plate stack.
CENTER THE FRONT SEAL RINGS IN THE SHAFT
GROOVES SO THAT THEY ARE NOT DAMAGED WHEN THE
CLUTCH CYLINDER ASSEMBLY IS LOWERED IN PLACE.
10. Install the outer snap ring into the rear clutch cylinder. Make sure it is securely seated in its groove.
11. Pre-lubricate and install the two seal rings in the upper grooves on the output shaft.
12. Lower the front clutch cylinder assembly on the output shaft.
13. Install the hub retainer snap ring on the output shaft. Make sure that it is securely seated in its groove.
14. Lower the front clutch hub in the splined output shaft and into the clutch plate teeth, thrust face up. Install
the thrust washer on top of the front clutch hub.
15. Pre-lubricate and install seal rings on oil sleeve. Install sleeve into output shaft.
16. Install the input bearing on the input shaft and lower into the front clutch cylinder.
CENTER ALL THE SEAL RINGS IN THEIR GROOVES
BEFORE LOWERING THE INPUT SHAFT INTO PLACE TO
AVOID DAMAGING THE SEAL RINGS.
17. Install the outer snap ring into the front clutch cylinder. Make sure the ring is securely seated in its groove.
18. Pre-lubricate and install the seal rings in the grooves in the input shaft.