5. Then install the bearing spacer (7) open side up.
9. With ends of "Spirolox" snap ring (1) spread apart,
NOTE: For motors-use special bronze insert (14)
insert one end of snap ring into groove. Then wind
with back-up ring (13) and shaft seal (15) in I.D.
balance of the snap ring into the groove.
groove of insert and "O" ring gasket (16) in O.D.
groove of insert.
6. Repack the shaft ball bearing (4) with a #2
consistency lithium base, high temperature, ball
bearing grease. Press the bearing onto the drive
shaft (6) being sure it is seated against the shaft
7. Insert the assembled shaft into the shaft end cover
Installing Spirolox snap ring
10. Turn shaft end cover over, place in vise with gear
11. Lay the thrust plate (22) on the bench and cut four
pocket seals (21) slightly (1/22" to 1/16") longer than
the four outer slots in the thrust plate. Set them
aside for a minute.
12. Place some heavy grease in the two middle slots of
the thrust palte (22). Cut two pocket seals (20)
3/16" long. They may run 1/64" longer but if cut any
Inserting assembled shaft
shorter they must be discarded.
8. Place bearing seal (3) and bearing shield (2) on
Installing bearing seal and shield
Inserting socket seals
NOTE: All pocket seals are cut from a strip obtainable
as a service item. They must be cut with a
razor blade as a pocket knife is not sharp
Insert the seals in the slots.