single pump disassembly
2. Pull the drive shaft (6) from the shaft end cover.
The shaft ball bearing (4) will also be removed.
Remember dirt is the enemy of any hydraulic system.
Then lift out the bearing spacer (7).
The best way to fight this enemy is to prevent its entry
3. Remove and discard the oil seal (8) from the shaft
into the system. Make sure you disassemble and
reassemble this pump in spotlessly clean surroundings.
4. Turn the cover over so that the thrust plate is up.
Apply a coating of grease (cup grease consistency) to
Pry off thrust plate (22) carefully with a knife blade
surfaces of all "O" rings and oil seals to facilitate
or thin screwdriver. Remove and discard the pocket
positive location as they are installed in a reassembly.
seals (20), (21).
DISASSEMBLY BY SUBASSEMBLY
5. Pull the bearings (19, 33) with a bearing puller from
the shaft end cover (9)-ONLY-if they are being
1. Index mark the port end cover (38), gear housing
(26) and shaft end cover (9) to facilitate reassembly.
6. Remove the check valve assemblies (34, 35, 36).
2. Remove the four cap screws (39) from the port end
7. Remove the shaft "O" ring (18) and the back-up
rings (17) from shaft end cover (9).
3. Lift off port end cover (38); the thrust plate (28) with
8. Remove key (5) and press bearing (4) from shaft
pocket seals and the roller bearings (37, 40) will also
be removed in this operation.
4. Remove the driven gear (32).
5. Remove the gear housing (26) and drive gear (23)
1. Remove and discard "O" rings (24, 27) from
from the shaft end cover (9). Be sure to keep gears
grooves in housing (26).
together as they are a matched set.
PORT END COVER
SHAFT END COVER
1. Pry off the thrust plate (28) with a knife blade or thin
1. Turn the shaft end cover (9) over so that the drive
screwdriver. Remove and discard the pocket seals
end of the shaft is facing up. With a screwdriver
remove the snap ring (1) then remove the bearing
2. Pull the bearings (37, 40) with a bearing puller from
shield (2) and bearing seal (3).
the port end cover (38)-ONLY-if they are being