MAIN RELIEF VALVE PRESSURE TEST/ADJUST CONTINUED
3. Have assistant turn battery disconnect switch to ON position and start engine (TM 5-3805-296-10).
4. Have assistant set and lock engine speed at high idle (approximately 2000 RPM) using throttle lock
(TM 5-3805-296-10). Before proceeding, allow hydraulic oil temperature to reach normal operating
temperature (TM 5-3805-296-10).
5. Have assistant fully raise bowl and hold joystick in raise position (TM 5-3805-296-10). Read and note pressure
on both gauges (Figure 2, Item 3) and (Figure 3, Item 3). Subtract lower pressure reading from higher pressure
reading. The difference must be 2190 ± 75 psi (15100 ± 500 kPa).
6. Have assistant lower bowl to ground and release joystick (TM 5-3805-296-10).
7. Have assistant release throttle lock and return engine speed to idle (TM 5-3805-296-10).
8. Have assistant turn ignition switch and battery disconnect switch to OFF position (TM 5-3805-296-10).
9. If recorded pressure difference is within specification, remove test equipment from machine. If recorded
pressure difference is not within specification, adjust pressure as follows:
Pressure is adjusted by turning retainer assembly on main relief valve. Turn retainer
assembly either clockwise to increase pressure or counterclockwise to decrease
pressure. One complete turn of retainer assembly changes pressure approximately
1015 psi (7000 kPa). If, for example, recorded pressure difference is only 1800 psi
[12,411 kPa], then turn retainer assembly 1/3 turn clockwise to increase pressure by
approximately 338 psi [2330 kPa] and bring pressure difference into specification.