11. Assemble hydraulic pump (Figure 4, Item 7) (WP 0541).
12. Replace bead breaker clamping set screw (WP 0541).
13. Connect hydraulic pump hose (Figure 4, Item 8) to bead breaker (Figure 4, Item 1).
14. Connect air hose from remote air compressor to quick disconnect fitting (Figure 4, Item 5).
15. Position adaptor block (Figure 4, Item 10) and bead breaker (Figure 4, Item 1) on tire rim (Figure 4, Item 3) with
hook (Figure 4, Item 2) in notch (Figure 4, Item 9) on tire rim.
16. Hand tighten clamping set screw (Figure 4, Item 11) until bead breaker (Figure 4, Item 1) is perpendicular to
tire rim (Figure 4, Item 3).
Keep hands clear of ram on bead breaker during operation.
Stand to the side and not behind the bead breaker during operation. Bead breaker
operates under high pressure and can come off of rim with force if dislodged during
Ensure that hook on bead breaker remains in notch on rim. If hook begins to come out of
notch, retract bead breaker and reposition hook.
Failure to follow these warnings may result in injury or death to personnel.
Ensure bead breaker remains perpendicular to tire rim during operation. Stop operation
and adjust clamping set screw if bead breaker does not remain perpendicular to tire rim.
Failure to follow this caution may result in damage to equipment.
17. Press down on hydraulic pump foot pedal (Figure 4, Item 6) to extend bead breaker (Figure 4, Item 1).
Maintain contact with bead breaker when retracting. Bead breaker may fall when
retracted. Failure to follow this warning may result in death or injury to personnel.