Use caution when installing air tank access plate. Air tank access plate may move
unexpectedly and swing down. Use assistance during procedure. Keep clear of heavy
parts as they are raised. Failure to follow this warning may result in injury or death to
Air tanks and access plate weighs approximately 89 lb (40 kg).
6. Using assistance, raise air tanks access plate (Figure 7, Item 3) on hinges (Figure 7, Item 5).
7. Install plate (Figure 7, Item 4), eight washers (Figure 7, Item 2), and bolts (Figure 7, Item 1) on machine.
Figure 7. Air Tanks Access Plate.
8. Start engine and allow air pressure to build (TM 5-3805-296-10)
9. Apply parking brake (TM 5-3805-296-10).
10. Turn engine off (TM 5-3805-296-10).
END OF TASK