Table 1. 0700 Transmission Gear Position Sensor Diagnostic Codes.
TEST OR INSPECTION
0700-02 Transmission Gear
Sensor Erratic, Intermittent,
· Always inspect harness connectors that are involved in the circuit. Poor
connections can often be the cause of a problem in an electrical circuit.
Verify that all connections in the circuit are clean and secure and that all
connections are in good condition. If a problem with the connection is
found, correct the problem and verify that this malfunction or diagnostic
code is active before performing this procedure.
· Perform open or short-circuit test at each harness connection to identify
the correct harness to replace.
· Tag all wiring harnesses to aid in installation.
· Perform this test only if condition is active.
DIAGNOSTIC CODE SET CONDITION
Transmission/Chassis ECM Receives Erratic Data From Tractor Actual Gear
· Transmission Wring Harness High Resistance, Open, or Shorted.
· Chassis Wring Harness High Resistance, Open, or Shorted.
· Main Cab Wring Harness High Resistance, Open, or Shorted.
· Tractor Actual Gear Switch.
· Transmission/Chassis ECM.
Test Step 1. Inspect Transmission
Wiring Harness and Tractor Actual
Gear Switch for Damage.
1. Turn ignition switch and battery
disconnect switch to OFF position
2. Disconnect connector AG-C1
actual gear switch connector
3. Disconnect connector A-C9
from connector AG-C2
4. Inspect harness connector A-C9
Wiring Harness/Connector Damaged
Replace transmission wiring harness
harness connector AG-C2
Proceed to Test Step 20.
harness connector AG-C1
No Problem Found Proceed to
damage IAW Electrical General