Table 1. 0673 Transmission Speed Sensor Diagnostic Code.
TEST OR INSPECTION
0673-02 Speed Sensor 2
· Always inspect harness connectors that are involved in the circuit. Poor
connections can often be the cause of a problem in an electrical circuit.
Verify that all connections in the circuit are clean and secure and that all
connections are in good condition. If a problem with the connection is
found, correct the problem and verify that this malfunction or diagnostic
code is active before performing this procedure.
· Perform open or short-circuit test at each harness connection to identify
the correct harness to replace.
· Tag all wiring harnesses to aid in installation.
· Perform this test only if condition is active.
DIAGNOSTIC CODE SET CONDITION
· Transmission/Chassis ECM Receives Erratic Data From Transmission
Speed Sensor B (TOS 2).
· Data From Transmission Speed Sensor B (TOS 2) Conflicts with Data
From Transmission Speed Sensor A (TOS 1).
· Transmission Wring Harness High Resistance, Open, or Shorted.
· Chassis Wring Harness High Resistance, Open, or Shorted.
· Main Cab Wring Harness High Resistance, Open, or Shorted.
· Transmission Output Speed Sensor B (TOS 2).
· Transmission/Chassis ECM.