Table 1. 0144 Backup Alarm Diagnostic Code Continued.
TEST OR INSPECTION
0144-06 Backup Alarm Relay
Current Above Normal
· Always inspect harness connectors that are involved in the circuit. Poor
connections can often be the cause of a problem in an electrical circuit.
Verify that all connections in the circuit are clean and secure and that all
connections are in good condition. If a problem with the connection is
found, correct the problem and verify that this malfunction or diagnostic
code is active before performing this procedure.
· Perform open or short-circuit test at each harness connection to identify
the correct harness to replace.
· Tag all wiring harnesses to aid in installation.
· Perform this test only if condition is active.
DIAGNOSTIC CODE SET CONDITION
Transmission/Chassis ECM Detects Abnormally High Current on Backup Alarm
· Backup Alarm Relay.
· Fuse Panel Wiring Harness Shorted.
· Main Cab Wiring Harness Shorted.
· Transmission/Chassis ECM.