Table 1. 0041 Eight-Volt Sensor Supply Diagnostic Codes.
TEST OR INSPECTION
0041-03 8 Volt DC Supply
Voltage Above Normal
· Always inspect harness connectors that are involved in the circuit. Poor
connections can often be the cause of a problem in an electrical circuit.
Verify that all connections in the circuit are clean and secure and that all
connections are in good condition. If a problem with the connection is
found, correct the problem and verify that this malfunction or diagnostic
code is active before performing this procedure.
· Perform open or short-circuit test at each harness connection to identify
the correct harness to replace.
· Tag all wiring harnesses to aid in installation.
· Perform this test only if condition is active.
DIAGNOSTIC CODE SET CONDITION
Transmission/Chassis ECM Detects Above Normal Voltage on 8 Volt Sensor
Supply Circuit C995.
· Cushion Hitch Wiring Harness Shorted.
· Transmission Wiring Harness Shorted.
· Chassis Wiring Harness High Shorted.
· Main Cab Wiring Harness Shorted.
· Transmission/Chassis ECM.
Test Step 1. Test for Shorted
Cushion Hitch Wiring Harness.
1. Turn ignition switch and battery
disconnect switch to OFF position
2. Disconnect connector C-C5
hydraulic oil temperature sensor
3. Disconnect connector A-C6
from connector C-C1
Continuity Replace cushion hitch
wiring harness (WP 0400).
between connector C-C1
Proceed to Test Step 5.
No Continuity Proceed to Test
and all other terminals
in connector C-C1