Table 1. E441 Idle Elevated to Increase Battery Voltage Event Code.
TEST OR INSPECTION
E441 Idle Elevated to
Increase Battery Voltage -
· Always inspect harness connectors that are involved in the circuit. Poor
connections can often be the cause of a problem in an electrical circuit.
Verify that all connections in the circuit are clean and secure and that all
connections are in good condition. If a problem with the connection is
found, correct the problem and verify that this malfunction or diagnostic
code is active before performing this procedure.
· Perform this test only if condition is active.
EVENT CODE SET CONDITION
Engine ECM Detects Battery Voltage is Below 24.5 VDC for 5 Minutes with
Parking Brake Applied, Transmission in Neutral, and Throttle Below 25 Percent.
· Idle Elevation Feature Compensating For Electrical Accessory Draw.
· Fan Belt.
· Fan Belt Tensioner.
· Battery or Batteries.
· Charging System.
Electrical shock hazard. Electronic unit injector system uses high voltage
to operate fuel injectors. Failure to follow this warning may result in injury
The idle elevation feature compensates for the draw of electrical
accessories, which may have been added to machine. However, if a
problem with the charging system is suspected, perform the following
Test Step 1. Inspect Fan Belt and
Test Charging System.
1. Turn ignition switch and battery
disconnect switch to OFF position
2. Inspect fan belt and tensioner IAW Fan Belt Worn or Damaged Replace
Fan Belt and Tensioner
fan belt (WP 0246).
Replacement (WP 0246).
Tensioner Worn or Damaged
Replace tensioner (WP 0246).
3. Perform battery testing on each
One or More Batteries Fail Testing
battery (WP 0170).
Replace all batteries that failed testing
4. Perform charging system testing