Table 1. E361 High Engine Coolant Temperature Event Code.
TEST OR INSPECTION
E361 High Engine Coolant
Temperature - Warning,
Perform this test only if condition is active.
Derate, or Shutdown
EVENT CODE SET CONDITION
· Warning - Engine ECM Detects Engine Coolant Temperature is At or
Above 113°C (235°F).
· Derate or Shutdown - Engine ECM Detects Engine Coolant Temperature
is At or Above 116°C (241°F).
· Coolant Leaks.
· Hose(s) Damaged or Collapsed.
· Radiator Restricted/Damaged.
· Aftercooler Restricted/Damaged.
· Cooling Fan Damaged.
· Fan Belt Worn or Damaged.
· Tensioner Worn or Damaged.
· Coolant Tank Cap Sealing Surface Contaminated or Damaged.
· Coolant Dirty or Contaminated.
· Coolant Level Low.
· Water Temperature Regulator.
· Other Events Occurred.
At operating temperature, engine coolant is hot and under pressure.
Radiator and all lines to heaters or engine contain hot coolant or steam.
Any contact can cause severe burns. Allow engine and coolant to cool
before slowly removing filler cap to relieve cooling system pressure.
Engine must be stopped and radiator cap cool enough to touch with your
bare hand. Failure to follow this warning may result in injury or death to
Test Step 1. Perform Cooling System
Perform Cooling System Inspection
Cause of Malfunction Identified and
Repaired During Inspection
Proceed to Test Step 8.
Cause of Malfunction Not Identified
During Inspection Proceed to Test