Table 1. 2417 Start Aid Diagnostic Codes.
TEST OR INSPECTION
2417-05 Ether Injection
· Always inspect harness connectors that are involved in the circuit. Poor
connections can often be the cause of a problem in an electrical circuit.
Verify that all connections in the circuit are clean and secure and that all
connections are in good condition. If a problem with the connection is
found, correct the problem and verify that this malfunction or diagnostic
code is active before performing this procedure.
· Perform open or short-circuit test at each harness connection to identify
the correct harness to replace.
· Tag all wiring harnesses to aid in installation.
· Perform this test only if condition is active.
DIAGNOSTIC CODE SET CONDITION
Engine ECM Detects Abnormally Low Current on Start Aid Relay circuit F708
During Start Aid Operation.
· Hood Wiring Harness High Resistance or Open.
· Chassis Wiring Harness High Resistance or Open.
· Main Cab Wiring Harness High Resistance or Open.
· Engine Interface Wiring Harness High Resistance or Open.
· Tractor Start Aid Solenoid.
· Engine ECM.
Test Step 1. Test for Open Tractor
Start Aid Solenoid.
1. Turn ignition switch and battery
disconnect switch to OFF position
2. Disconnect connector L-C6
3. Connect jumper wire between
terminal 1 and terminal 2
of connector L-C6
4. Turn battery disconnect switch to
ON position and start engine