Table 1. 1589 Turbo Inlet Pressure Sensor Diagnostic Codes Continued.
TEST OR INSPECTION
1589-04 Turbo Inlet Air
Pressure Sensor Voltage
· Always inspect harness connectors that are involved in the circuit. Poor
connections can often be the cause of a problem in an electrical circuit.
Verify that all connections in the circuit are clean and secure and that all
connections are in good condition. If a problem with the connection is
found, correct the problem and verify that this malfunction or diagnostic
code is active before performing this procedure.
· Perform open or short-circuit test at each harness connection to identify
the correct harness to replace.
· Tag all wiring harnesses to aid in installation.
· Perform this test only if condition is active.
DIAGNOSTIC CODE SET CONDITION
Engine ECM Detects Below Normal Voltage on Turbo Inlet Pressure Sensor
Signal Circuit F714.
· Engine Interface Wiring Harness Shorted.
· Turbo Inlet Pressure Sensor.
· Engine ECM.
Test Step 1. Test for Shorted Turbo
Inlet Pressure Sensor.
1. Turn ignition switch and battery
disconnect switch to OFF position
2. Disconnect connector CL-C11
inlet pressure sensor connector
3. Turn battery disconnect switch to
ON position and start engine
1589-3 Turbo Inlet Air Pressure Sen-
4. At MSD, check for active
sor Voltage Above Normal Becomes
diagnostic code 1589-4 Turbo Inlet
Active Replace turbo inlet pressure
Air Pressure Sensor Voltage
sensor (WP 0212).
Proceed to Test Step 3.
1589-4 Turbo Inlet Air Pressure Sen-
sor Voltage Below Normal Remains
Active Proceed to Test Step 2.